General medications to have on hand? Opinions, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

I don't have a sick fish at the moment, I'm just trying to assemble some possible medications to keep on hand BEFORE any fish succumb to illness.

Currently, I only have gold cloud minnows in my 28 gallon tank, but I intend on having a single honey gourami, 5 corydoras, 5 kuhli loaches and 6 or so amano shrimp. I know that by having scaleless fish and invertebrates makes things a little more challenging when medicating.

I also have a few live plants in there as well, wisteria and 2 varieties of crypt that I can't remember right now.

As of yet, I only have Seachem Paraguard (which says it has malachite green in it, but it's blue?) and generic aquarium salt. Thanks to the wonders of Amazon and Ebay, I'm planning on getting Kordon Ich Attack--it claims to be reef and invertebrate safe--and PraziPro.

Anything else I should look into just to have on hand? I know that with scaleless fish/invertebrates it's necessary to 1/4 or 1/2 the dose, but I don't wanna give my future fish anything that'll kill them :c

A spare 10 gallon, heater and air pump/air stone, for hospital use.

Methylene blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i can add some important ones. Remember not to order too much medicine at once, as they do expire after several years.
-Rid ich (malachite/formalin)
-Terramycin feed (antibiotic, oxytetracycline)
-Methylene Blue (anti-fungal)
-Fenebendazole (dewormer)
Everything but the rid ich and MB works best in feed. So here is a link to a good site.
Fish Flake Food

Why do you need to know these meds?
Unless your setting up a fishroom or raising lots of livebearers, you don't really need them. Never dose a healthy fish tank.

Back
Top Bottom