General tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limemittens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you guys and gals try to hide the hardware that is in your tanks? I am just curious want other people do because i have seen tanks where you cannot see any of the heaters or PH's but they are there. I am just wondering what others do. Thanks

I use a sump to put most of mine in. I have the advantage of built in overflows however.
Powerheads are the only thing you can see in my tank. I probably could hide them behind the rockwork, I have been just too lazy to try. :p

I built a false wall for my tank because of space issues I cant have a sump.

img_300613_0_5b6b7e55a375aad8e2546eb76a21ca4b.jpg

img_300613_1_2535114df82dc7bc8da73ad38975520b.jpg

The false wall is great. How do you get the water flow between the two sections. Possibly cut some water pass through slots and use a powerhead in the rear? I am very interested in this idea if you have any info it would be very helpful. thanks

Looks grat klam! What do you have back there? any chance of a pic of the back in operation?

:)
I too was not pleased with all the equipment visible in my tank, plus having a small tank makes the stuff even more noticable. So when I built this tank from scratch(I didn't cut the glass but I did silicon it together) I used the same foot print of a standard 10g but I added an extra 3.5" to make the tank wider so I wouldnt loose space because of my equipment. My tanks is measures 20"Lx12"Hx13.5"W.

The flow in the back is generated by my HOB filter and my skimmer

img_301191_0_548cc7b028632670abaa2ee61c495dfa.jpg

img_301191_1_56fdf0d6200996e2085c63b64db7764b.jpg

Is the only place for water transition between the two areas on the upper center? Does this alow for a good water flow into the tank or is that what your closed loop is for?

wow! very impressive!!!

I just stick my stuff in the tank and pretend like I can't see it! :lol:

although, my pre-skimmer box does a good job of hiding my ugly pump, and I hear you can even hide your heater in your skimmer.

I thought about the water circulation also so i drilled some holes in the wall.
Even if I didnt drill the holes the false wall kind of acts like an overflow because the water level in the front is a tad higher than the water level in the back.

RocketSeason-Thanks. When non- fish people come over no one really notices the equipment just like no one notices the little imperfections but yourself. They are only interested in the fishies and not even the corals.

img_301205_0_244ca593a796c7aca840f06d20a6c4fd.jpg

I agree with quarrysharks fist post all my equipment is in my sump I also have built in overflows and yes my powerheads are vissable can't hide them though I am having a grey slime prolem and need adiquite waterflow to my problem areas.

Back
Top Bottom