Getting a 40 Gallon setup with sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was able to secure a deal with someone where I live who's upgrading to a large tank from his 46 so I will be acquiring a 46 gallon with stand and canopy along with a sump and all plumbing plus a skimmeramd programmable wave maker. Im going to look at possible lights for the setup as well this week. I don't have the tank as of yet as he is awaiting the arrival of his larger tank. Im hoping to learn as much as I can in the mean time as I am going to take it nice and slow with this. Suggestions on fish types are more then welcome. I know I'm gonna look into zoas and probably LPS and SPS. But as for fish types that research will come. But this is the setup I have acquired for a little over 500 canadian. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422849025.918674.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422849049.484690.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422849062.551362.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Subbing to this to see the progress. That's a super cool stand!!! I want to get into saltwater one day. Just don't have the funds right now. Till then I'll use your example because I didn't want to start off large while still learning the basics of saltwater. Good luck!

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

Yeah the guy was super nice and he's even letting me go to his place to take notes on how to set everything up. He's also helpin me choose an LED lighting system for the tank. Im glad I had the chance to talk to him. And yeah I'm super excited to get this tank setup in my home.

Yeah the guy was super nice and he's even letting me go to his place to take notes on how to set everything up. He's also helpin me choose an LED lighting system for the tank. Im glad I had the chance to talk to him. And yeah I'm super excited to get this tank setup in my home.

Yeah if you detail the sump build that would be great. I'm not 100% how sumps are set up but it's always nice to learn.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs

Yeah lots to learn that's for sure and im not going to rush it either, im just hoping to learn more on here as well and get some recommendations on fish species to look into

Yeah lots to learn that's for sure and im not going to rush it either, im just hoping to learn more on here as well and get some recommendations on fish species to look into

Good ? that's the one thing about this hobby you gotta have patience.

Personally I want a Lionfish eventually. One of the coolest fish ever IMO.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs

Here's a better view and yes it is a bow front ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422853166.896030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom