Getting back into freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nh81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. Haven't had a tank in years. I acquired a flat back hex tank a while back and finally am getting around to working with. The tank is roughly 22 gallons. In the past I've had many fresh water fish. Not really sure what I want. If this was your tank what would you have in your tank? (plants, fish, etc.) just want to get ideas from others to get my mind rolling. I have plenty of time waiting for the tank to go through its cycle.

It's 24" across the back, 20" tall, and 12" width.

Always had the standard rectangle tanks, just looking for ideas for the new style.

do you have any supplies for it yet? were you considering plants? what fish have you had before?? Welcome to AA!!!

No supplies yet. Yes to plants not sure what yet but all in due time. Bed is pea gravel and going to be a 12" round lava rock with a hole through it. Other than that still unsure. Or completely change it up and set up the 55. Only thing leaning me to the hex is that lack of room.

its a standard 55 like mine. i made the room, actually in my bedroom.lol trust me, the bigger the better. if you can make the room, id do it. the bigger the tank, the less frequent care it takes, although you still should care for it vigorously. the bigger the tank, the more possiblities.

Yeah but get the ok from the wifey. If it was up to me I'd get my 210 and have fun with it but......she has the final say for some reason.

Happy wife happy life!!

one perk, is to get her involved in it. she will forget about the size of the tank. i wish i had a 210.lol

Yeah. Being unemployed right now money is a bit tight so the hex would be a little cheaper

Haha I hear ya on that. I really want to set up a big reef but don't want to have to tear it down in the future when I finally get property. The house we have is good but I want more acreage. So for now the fresh tank will be great. If I have to I'll go the the pond and get some bass, blue gill and some crappy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom