Getting bored, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I have a 28g bowfront, you can see my stock below. Here's the thing, it's been this way unchanged since fall and I'm starting to get a bit bored with the way it looks. It's fully cycled and has been stable since last summer. Everyone's very healthy, even the GBR's that I was really worried about getting because I know they can be fragile. I've been considering for a while now maybe changing the substrate to sand or seeing if I could add something really interesting to my tank (suggestions?). I'd love to get a bigger tank but I just don't have the room. Should I even be considering changing aything or just be happy it's doing well and leave it alone?

How about adding some invertebrates like shrimp or snails? Fun to search for, and won't affect the bio-load much.

I have some live plants already. I've had snails before and was considering trying them again since the otos don't seem to be able to control the algae on their own. I've always wanted to get shrimp but have been afraid to. My gold barbs and GBR's can get a little aggressive and while the neons and cherry barbs can swim away, I'm afraid some shrimp would be sitting ducks.

i know this sounds so "old school" but if all your fish are doing well and you aren't having any problems maybe it's time to just sit back and enjoy. i was in the same boat you are, thinking i should change something or add something and then all i had to do was spend a bit of time on this site and hear about everyone's problems and i just thought why rock the boat? so i decided to get a few shrimp and call it a day. they are fun to watch, don't bring disease into the tank, and it gave me a boost to see them. that's all i can say about my experience. i'm very happy to have a tank that is healthy and fish that are doing really well. :)

Back
Top Bottom