Ghost/Glass Shrimp Breeding Care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittywolf13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so today i picked up 4 little ghost shrimps. (had i known the rule about 10 per gallon i might have picked up more, their fun.) one is pregnant. it has eggs in the abdomen that are green and black. What can i do to raise some fry? should i go out and buy a little breeding tank tomorrow? can i use a betta cup and tie it to the outside of my tank and just scoop the female up in there, till she lays or spawns? then remove her and leave the little ones in there? any tips? im super curious and would love teeny little ones!

Also sorry if this belongs in the breeding section. i did a search first and then, looked in the breeding section but that seemed to be fish only from what i could see?

The larva likely won't survive unless they are kept separate from anything larger than them and you have greenwater to feed them, even then it's iffy.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

The larva likely won't survive unless they are kept separate from anything larger than them and you have greenwater to feed them, even then it's iffy.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

well thats why i mentioned putting her alone in a cup in the mean time till the eggs hatch? whats green water? id like to at least try and see if i can raise them? ive seen it done before...

Back
Top Bottom