Ghost Shrimp info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking to add them with a betta 5 gal tank, filter, heater. Is it a good idea? If so how many. Thanks!

My friend has a 10 gallon with 1 betta & 3 ghost shrimp as well as a snail & they all get along just fine. I would recommend 2-3 as the ghost shrimp are nice bottom feeders.

This is my water change day went ahead and took a pic though goin to pick up shrimp later today and will post some pics

Attachments

• image-129835699.jpg
    image-129835699.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 121
Thanks ang yea won't hurt much either I get a cool pet or my beta gets some good food

Make sure if your betta eats up the shrimp to not try overfeeding him with flakes or pellets. My friends' betta ate 2 ghost shrimp, very mini though, but he didn't feed him for a couple days afterwards & he was fine. If anything he was upset that he had to go back to flake food hahaha

Haha yea just got some tonight only had two ordered few more for next week shrimp are full grown betta leaves him alone for most part doing pretty well

Thanks. I felt so srry for him someone put an ad on Craigslist saying they couldn't care for him. When I got there the water stunk he was missing an eye and had marks all over his body

Back
Top Bottom