Ghost shrimp, snails and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tornadonick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I really hate to make one of these threads but i had a couple questions from a friend of mine and she needs some answers fairly quick.
1.can you keep ghost shrimp in a 10 gallon with a rubber lip pleco
2. how many shrimp can there be.
3. for a different tank, would it be wise to put a snail (probably a mystery snail from petco/petsmart) in a 5 gallon. She has a betta and a couple small tetras in with them, i forget which kind.

thanks for the help

1. Ghost shrimp in a 10 gal yes. A pleco, no (needs a larger tank). I think the pleco would be fine with the shrimp though.
2. Not really sure on numbers. Shrimp usually breed pretty easily though so even if you start off with a small number you're likely to end up with a lot more
3. A mystery snail would probably be fine. Most tetras would prefer a larger tank size though as they can be active swimmers.

well the pleco is pretty small so I think he will be fine for a while. I can't remember what tetras she got for the 5 gallon but i helped her pick them out a while and made sure they would work in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom