Glass cats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna112

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone!
I have two glass cats, in a 29 gallon tank. Would they be happier with another one, so 3 In Total?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!
I have two glass cats, in a 29 gallon tank. Would they be happier with another one, so 3 In Total?
Thanks in advance.

Filters? And what else is in the tank? If you can I would go with 5 or they can get aggressive

They would be happier with 4 more. Or as much as possible.
Also, i have never heard of, or seen IME glass cats being aggressive. They are normally shy

Also, live plants would help them feel more comfortable

Glass cats are very very shy fish especially when you have less than 5 in a school. I'd suggest getting at least 4 more. Then I'd add lots of hiding places, dim the lighting a bit(they don't like brighting) or you can plant a bit more heavily so there are shady places in the tank. Safe hiding places.

And also whats the filtration and whats the stocking?

They would be happier with 4 more. Or as much as possible.
Also, i have never heard of, or seen IME glass cats being aggressive. They are normally shy

Also, live plants would help them feel more comfortable

I had one that took half the tail off a platy because he wasn't in a proper group

I have 2 AQ 50's and a 10 gallon filter. my two glass cats don't hide at all, they swim around with my other fish. So should I keep the group even numbers or odd numbers

Back
Top Bottom