Glofish bloated.. Pregnant or ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Faintend

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I just noticed that one of my pink glofish is really bloated. I have had them for nearly 4 months. Is it pregnant or should I be worried?? Please see attached Picture.

image-1725235007.jpg

Ps: If my fish is indeed pregnant, would a yellow glofish fertilize the eggs of my pink one?

Glofish can't be pregnant the lay eggs, it looks like to me that it is bloated. I would feed some blanched and de-shelled frozen peas then not feed them for a couple of days.

thats not true.. glofish can infact get pregnant.. although the eggs they lay will most likly not survive due to them eating them or you do not have a large enough tank for them to hatch.. but they do get pregnant just like the danios they are.

thats not true.. glofish can infact get pregnant.. although the eggs they lay will most likly not survive due to them eating them or you do not have a large enough tank for them to hatch.. but they do get pregnant just like the danios they are.

Mogurako is right. Fish that are egg layers cannot get pregnant, they get gravid. Only livebearers get pregnant. To the OP, definitely try the blanched, deshelled pea.

Back
Top Bottom