Glow light tetra swims in spirals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok its probably not funny to everyone, but I have this wierd little glow light tetra he cant swim in a straight line. He rotates kinda like a bullet does or maybe a spoon shaped fishing lure. He happy and healthy besides the wierd swimming. Its not always been this way, one day i found hime chasing his tail litteraly swimming in fast little circles. My thought was he was on his last leg or would that be fin? Anyways I QTd him he had no obvious signs of infection. But hes been just spinning along for like a month now eats and has full color. I want to move him back to the community tank but i am afraid he might get hurt or picked on because of his disability( seriously the bigger fish like my angels may think he is food) Any suggestions? Should i put him down or just let him hang out with the shrimp and snails in the QT tank? I wish i could get a video its the funniest thing watching him swim... Are fish like dogs? you know if they get hit by a car and lose a leg they just adapt and keep on going happy and healthy. Let me know what you think or if anyone knows of a cure>?

Back
Top Bottom