Glowlight Tetra Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texburgess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

So one fish that has always stood out to me every time I go into the LFS is Glowlight tetras,
Hemigrammus erythrozonus. Love the way they look and the idea of a large school in a dark, natural biotope aquarium sounds amazing.

I am in possession of a 20 gallon tall, with filter, light, heater etc. I wanted to ask for help with the aquascape, what kind of plants, wood, rocks, substrate would help bring out the natural beauty of the tetras?
Likewise, what natural tankmates really bring them out too?

I know the tetras I have like darting between taller plants so maybe some java fern, water wisteria and anacharis (all good lowlight plants) with something like anubias in the foreground.

As for driftwood and rocks that's up to you. A more natural coloured substrate would look good but something black would help make them stand out more.

I agree with the driftwood aspect, rocks ok, too. I have about 20 glowlights in a 55 gal with 25 neon tetras and a dozen black neons and I think they look great together. Cardinals would be nice, too.

Back
Top Bottom