Going for bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Having so much fun with my 20g And 5g tank that I decide to get a bigger tank. Thinking of going 55 but maybe can go up to 75g. What I want is a peaceful community tanks. More smaller schooling fish then a few bigger fish.

Stocking plans.
8 black neons.
2 blue rams
Center piece. 2 angels. Will they be peaceful enough? Any other suggestions for my centerpiece

Either a school of Cory's or school of kuhli loaches. Do kuhlis help clean?

Also maybe a bristle nose pleco.

Will this stock work. Any reason to go 75 besides to get another school of fish ?

In my 20 I got a school of Pygmy Cory's and a Bunch of red cherry shrimp. Really do enjoy them. Worried in my future tank that shrimp will be lunch for the angels and rams. Love Cory's but kind of leaning towards the kuhli loaches. If I do get the 75 then maybe can get the loaches and Cory's

I really like the layout of a 75g. If you can get it, I would do that. The extra depth really opens up options that the 12" depth of a 55 just can't match. Plus it gives you a lot more surface area, which is what really matters for stocking (vs volume).

From what I read main difference is width not length? So i guess space might not be a prob. Trying to get a tank and stand on cl. Not too many 75g for sale in my area

Think I found my 75g tank. Can i get heater and filter reconditions? Do I need anything else like power heads or air stones. Never had an aquarium close to this size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom