gold nugget pleco....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone im super excited i get to pick up my gold nugget pleco today :-D he's gunna be around 3 inches. Im sooo excited.... does any one have tips??? Are they hard to care for i googled lots befor ordered him but some say they are easy care sum say they are hard to care for? The tank he's going in has been cycled for about 4 mons now so its been up n running 6 mons

I know they need driftwood if that's any help :) you,ll have to get some pics, I really like these plecs!

It's a good idea from the beginning to offer it soften Zucchini (some use cucumbers) 2x a week. Mine also likes peas. Offer the food shortly after the tank lights are turned off as it will mostly eat at night. For items like zucchini or cucumber attach them to the side of the tank and leave them in till morning. It may take some time to get it to eat food items but be patient and usually they catch on once they decide it is indeed edible food. For peas, warm them, shell them, very slightly mush them, and pour into tank. You don't need many for one Pleco.

That's so awesome, congrats! I was going to get one then got turned away from people saying they're hard to care for and that their bioload is really big. I'm still thinking about it though, they look so cool. How big is your tank?

Right now he`s in my 36 but in two weeks if all goes well he`ll be goin to a 55. And if he grows outta that one he`ll move a bigger one. He is awesome looking... most ive ever spent on one fish.

I do have some cucumbers i have thm for my clown and bn, i get some top self alge wafers well according to pet smart any way. I got a stream bubbler because they told me they like moving water. Im going to go try and get a pic now if not than in the am.

Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom