Golden Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bruinsbro1997 said:
Oh wow really? I have never seen one lavender gourami in my life in person...

Yeah! Ill try and remember to take pics next time.

Hey guys!

Just to let you know i have taken my gourami's back and the store was pretty good about i explained to someone about it and they were shocked someone let me take them into my size of tank!! Ive picked up a few glass tailed guppies (they kinda have a pale blue body and yellow tail with black spots on) and they are beautiful!! =D thanks for all the help! You'll be my first port of call next time!! (y)

yeah dont worry i cycled i before i put any fishes in! aaaand i have an all male group! =D

mine is reversed...I have a 38 gal tank..My gold Gourami is bullied by the blue..He is slightly larger...My pink kissing Gourami never messed with either of them he reaaally thought he would show off when I added my Blood Parrot Cichlid..but they all live in peace..I have 1 gold 1 blue 1 pink kissing gourami..as long as the kissing gourami dosent mess with my blood parrot everything is fine..The Blood parrot fought with the kissing gourami at first but neither could really do much..or get the other in its mouth so they came to the understanding the Blood parrot is bigger and he rules the tank..

Gold Gouramis are really just variants bred from Blue Gouramis. Other variants include the Three-Spot, Cosby, Stafford, Opaline, Purple, Amethyst, Lavender, and Platinum Gouramis. Since they are so easy to breed specialty types from them I'm sure that there are, or will be, more varieties of them.

All of them have the same behaviors and will readily interbreed.

Back
Top Bottom