Goldfish as a gift...in an uncycled tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew! Thank goodness! I was scared there for a minute! haha!

I am going for my big trip this morning!!! I was able to find someone else to go with me, this one's willing to do the drive, too! Hooray! For the gas money I've saved, I can buy more stuff!

Once I get my goodies, I'll post a different thread since my questions and comments will more or less be dealing with that topic! I'll post my results as soon as I get them so we can see how I've progressed, what needs to be done, etc.

In the meantime, it kind of looks like my water is a teenie bit cloudy. If you're looking at the tank frontways, it looks fine. If you go to the side and look longways, that's when it looks a little milky. And I mean a little! I may just be worrying too much but I wanted to make sure to ask about it in case this were something I need to nip in the bud!

It's common for a new tank to get cloudy, it is likely just a bacterial bloom. It's not the kind of bacteria you are looking for but it won't harm the fish and should go away by itself after a short while. It may get worse before it clears up, just let it run it's course.

Oh, good! That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks!

Leaving the house in 45 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom