Goldfish hurt its fin, what can i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmeister

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i have a 8" comet goldfish, and he was swimming around one day, and he tried to get in between the tank glass and a rock to chase after some food, and got stuck. I happened to be watching, so i moved the rock in the way, to let him out. He seemed to be fine, but i looked at him now, and one segment of his bottom fin, under his tail fin is broken. Its just the first segment, but i see some blood, and i'm worried. What can i do to help him heal, and prevent this from happening again. I've already removed the rocks from the tank, and i'm getting some plants to put in instead.

Hi

in the UK you get what is called mellaphix. It costs about 9 dollars it is a treatment for damaged fins. This will speed up thr healing process

:) hope this helps

No meds necessary. He will heal quickly on his own with nothing more than some extra wcs to keep the water quality pristine in addition to a nutritious diet. Please ask if you have questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom