Goldfish Still battling Swim bladder disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok guys/gals I'm at a crossroads here, I've been separating this particular goldfish which has been in a planted tank with other fish. I have been giving it aquarium salt baths and feeding her peas diced very fine. I also have seen a little improvement now... whereas up until last week she was doing crazy fast whirling motions, and bumping into stuff in the tank obliviously, she is now swimming with a little more awareness and able to rise and fall and slowly rotate around the tank, so the tornado swimming is starting to fade away. But now here's my question; do I continue to feed her peas every day or every other day. I had been feeding her peas like 3 days in a row, then skipping a day, and resuming on the following day, which seems to be doing well. Also should i feed her metro-meds if she does not have dropsy? Should I skip more than a day between feedings or is the one day sufficient, or skip no days?

Please feel free to advise, and btw the other fish are doing fine, and the water has no issues.

I'm not really an expert or anything but, whenever my goldfish have any issues at all I feed them metro-meds and I haven't lost anybody body because of it (if anything they grow faster and are more colorful when I give them the stuff).

And about the peas I don't think there is any way to give them too many but I'm not sure...

That is all I can really say, I'm sorry I don't know of any other way you can help a goldfish once their swim bladder goes out of whack. I've seen some people online put half circular tubes in there tank so that their goldfish with messed up swim bladders can sit upright and get food more easily but I've never done
that personally.
:sorry:

Hopefully someone more experienced will reply on here soon.

Best of luck

I'm not really an expert or anything but, whenever my goldfish have any issues at all I feed them metro-meds and I haven't lost anybody body because of it (if anything they grow faster and are more colorful when I give them the stuff).

And about the peas I don't think there is any way to give them too many but I'm not sure...

That is all I can really say, I'm sorry I don't know of any other way you can help a goldfish once their swim bladder goes out of whack. I've seen some people online put half circular tubes in there tank so that their goldfish with messed up swim bladders can sit upright and get food more easily but I've never done
that personally.
:sorry:

Hopefully someone more experienced will reply on here soon.

Best of luck

Yeah I've considered Metro-meds but I don't want her to get constipated again if I pull her off of peas. I guess I can try and see what happens, and if she starts to relapse then I'll stop the Metro-meds.

Back
Top Bottom