Goldie in Distress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RitztoRubble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So unfortunately I had to leave for a few days to visit the family. I set up the auto feeder, and worried pretty much all week about something going wrong. Luckily when I came back there was still water in my aquarium, and all of the fish were accounted for.

However, sadly my favorite fish has succumb to some sort of wound :ermm:. I don't think it is illness related, its skin looks like it has been scraped off and its eye looks as if it has been eaten.

I have Zebra Danios, WCMs and a few other goldies, all of them are fine and the other goldies are much smaller so you would think if any fish were being nipped it would be one of them, or the black moor.

I have included a picture don't worry it isn't graphic or anything...Basically need to know, if it will have a chance at recovering? (I will put it in my 10 gallon alone probably with a little aquarium salt?) or if its time to consider euthanizing it. Which method should be pursued (boiling? which states that it is 100% Humans but seems awful)

Any advice will do.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpg
    IMG_4951.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 51
Correct me but zebra danios are tropical fish. What temp is the tank at? Imo might be a little cold for them.

If you want to euthanize him, clove oil or putting him in a bag of freezing water(not putting him in the freezer) will be quick and painless.

I'm not good with diseases but that might help with euthanization if it comes to it.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom