Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had some free time and walked over to Petco and they have this deal on some of their fish right now. Some of there barbs, mollys, plattys, neons, glowlights and other community fish are on sale 5 for 5 dollars. Is it worth trying to rescue some of these fish for that price? I don't know if those are fish I would want to put right into an established tank...

It could be that Petco just got in a new shipment of these fish and want to sell as much as they can before they die......

In my opinion you should never "rescue" fish from any store. If the conditions are so poor that you feel the fish need rescuing, then buying the fish is absolutely the last thing you should do. Reason being, by buying the fish you've provided a sale and encouraged them to contiue carrying fish.

In my opinion you should never "rescue" fish from any store. If the conditions are so poor that you feel the fish need rescuing, then buying the fish is absolutely the last thing you should do. Reason being, by buying the fish you've provided a sale and encouraged them to contiue carrying fish.
Now I feel bad about my so called rescue of an Angel from petco:confused:, they had a ton of Danios in with some Angels and they were getting nipped alot.

Anyway I got 4 Serpae Tetras and an ADF at Petco for $5 last week, so far they are doing good. I noticed my frog has a deformity on its back foot, 2 toes are stuck together, weird.

I plan to get 4-5 more Serpae Tetras here before the 18th when the sale goes off.

Local Petco just opened today. I'm going to check it out. Maybe they'll have a 1$ per gallon sale on their tanks so I can finally pick up a 75!
Not likely, last year they did only up to 55G, this year it was only 20G and 29G tanks and the 55G was $75. That sale is over now though.

i 100% agree.... make sure if you do buy these fish have a qt set up dont put them directly into your tank.

Back
Top Bottom