Good hoods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am in desperate need of a new hood for my 20 gallon. The hinge is broken so it's just sitting on the top. I would like a hood that is slim and doesn't stick up too much and has LED lights. Any ideas?

^^I agree.
Glass top with slim led light looks slick and modern in my opinion.
But I guess if thats what topic creator likes. You can get hoods made at some aquariums to fit. But if its just the hinge, u can go to hardware store and buy new hinge thats identical or close to old one, and just replace it.
Most led lights are slim and will sit on glass under hood.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I will probably go with a glass hood. My only concern is a place for my filter. My filter hangs on the back but when I looked at glass hoods I didn't see a place for it to go. Is there a place for my filter or would I have to get a filter that doesn't hang on the back?

Ok I will probably go with a glass hood. My only concern is a place for my filter. My filter hangs on the back but when I looked at glass hoods I didn't see a place for it to go. Is there a place for my filter or would I have to get a filter that doesn't hang on the back?

It will come with a "sleeve" to put on the back that you can cut out. I just left mine off...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401634903.756550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom