good news!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I am very proud of my new fish!! I got 3 new oto cat's, little guys!!
They made it through a 2 hour trip home from the lfs, and seem to be thriving in the 10 gal qt. I heard they were very difficult to transplant, so I've been watching them closely for the 2 days we've had them home. Their little tummies are starting to plumpen up, they must have been starved!! I put them in with the 6 neon tets, which are also new. After 3 weeks they will all go into the big community tank!! Just wanted to brag a little. :lol: :lol:

farmgirl said:
2 hour trip ... lfs

I take it you live in a not so populated area from your screenname, but it just seems funny to see "Local" and 2 hour trip in the same sentence.

Congrats on your new fish!

Wow, 2 hour trip. I'm too nervous to buy Otos from my 10-min lfs. Haha, I hear so many stories of how fickle they are.

That's the problem with Otos, between the way they are caught and how they are kept their health is often pathetic. All my Otos I've bought have been very skinny and within a week or two plumped up very nicely. Out of 8 or so Otos I have three left. Kind of sad really.

Enjoy them though. Otos are great little fish and I love them dearly. Not only are they very helpful to the tank, they add personality as well.

Good luck!

I bought three ottos from Petsmart 25 days ago, they are all living well in a 10 gallon tank. They cleaned almost all algae within the first two days, then eat on algae wafers and some green vege. I vaccum the gravel and do water change (25-30%) every 2 or 3 days.

Will move them to the main tank soon when the main tank cycle is done.

Back
Top Bottom