Gourami Broken Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke up today I found my gourami laying on the bottom of my tank still alive. After doing a little bit of investigation I noticed that its spine was curved into an S shape. Has this ever happened to anyone else that has ever owned a Gourami? It was a Neon Blue Dwarf.

Pretty common unfortunately...
Sorry about you getting a dwarf gourami and not knowing about their genetic weakness.
DGIV(Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus)
Aquarium Fish: Fish Viral Disease
Last paragraor so...

Most cases (IF this is what your gourami has/had) are not contagious or threat to others in tank...
Curved spine can indicate a lot of things also...:confused:
On that note;
What size tank, stocking,how long set up,and maintenance schedule(waterchanges;how much how often)??
Can you take test of the parameters?

I just tested parameters and the tank itself is fine. I was aware of DGIV but I just wasn't sure of what exactly happened. My tank is stocked with Neons and a peacock gudgeon in an 13g widescreen. I've had it set up for almost a year and I do water changes every wednesday (WATER CHANGE WEDNESDAYS!!!) lol

I really want a banded gourami but I couldn't find them anywhere. I also didn't want to order one

Back
Top Bottom