Gourami got hurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dooboedoo12

Aquarium Advice Freak
He got stuck in the rock cave I set up looking for food. Woke up this morning and he must have wiggled himself to near death loosing almost his whole top ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390926947.571737.jpg

There's not much you can do. Keep the water in pristine conditions, as to not stress the fish. Keep up with water changes, feed good quality foods, and hope for the best is what I would do. (And rearrange the rocks so it doesn't happen again). Some fish are really strong and can pull through anything.

There's not much you can do. Keep the water in pristine conditions, as to not stress the fish. Keep up with water changes, feed good quality foods, and hope for the best is what I would do. (And rearrange the rocks so it doesn't happen again). Some fish are really strong and can pull through anything.

+1 to what chevy said. You might also add a stress coat product to help with healing. Good luck to your fishy.

I agree with both of these. This is perfect advice, just be really up on your water changes, I'd do like 25% every day.

Make sure the water is chlorine free too (I'll admit I don't follow this, straight from the tap to the tank) but when a fish is injured, sick, or stressed, that chlorine will make it worse.

Yep what I did today was take 25% out and than added prime than filled it back up. I'll keep up with water changes to help him

Yeah. Hopefully he'll pull through. Watch and make sure your other fish (if you have any in there) don't pick on him. Sometimes an injured fish gets beat up even more.

The other fish are not even an inch big yet. No worries there but thank u

Back
Top Bottom