Gourami tank looking empty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120704_073641.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120704_073641.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20120704_073700.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120704_073700.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 91
How large is the tank .. a 10gal? It looks like the plants and DW I see is a background?

Try some low light plants and (more)DW ... you'd bee surprised at how much fuller your tank will look with live plants, DW, and rocks. You could also add some small schooling
fish like Neon Tetras ... they stay small enough that a school of 10 will not overwhelm the tank, but will help give a more full look.

It is actually a 20g... Due to a co2 incident (my hubby meant well) my ancient pink not so dwarf gourami and my whole water plant garden didn't make it after I got back from a weekend with a friend of mine. I have a tank cycling for my betas, lots of bulbs starting out, keeping my fingers crossed. I normally keep well planted tanks, probably going to pick up some Anubis, Amazon sword plants and some wisteria.
So do you think with a 20g about 10 tetras, my 2 gourami, far back row of onion, next step down wisteria, then sword plant and a couple Anubis plants scattered in the front would look prettier- I also want to get a dragon air pump diffuser for the center and I have 2 pagoda style stone statutes as well

Would that be including the tetras or without? I'm not so sure about fw shrimp... Do you have any tips? Are they like saltwater? I usually would go for crabs and cleaner shrimp in my saltwater tank, never really thought about it, I like the corys, tho... Maybe I'll do a school of 7 tetras, 3 peppered corys and, seeing as though I want to breed my betas, I might just grab a few shrimp for my soon to be 40g breeder tank. Lol, I could always order some sea monkeys ;-)

Oh sorry, I was talking without the tetras , your idea with the tetras woul work too but I'd boost the Cories to four. With the shrimp the anamos are hardy and would work in your tank too. They don't breed in freshwater either. Feed them algae wafer every other day. I would do four in your tank.

Samzter said:
Oh sorry, I was talking without the tetras , your idea with the tetras woul work too but I'd boost the Cories to four. With the shrimp the anamos are hardy and would work in your tank too. They don't breed in freshwater either. Feed them algae wafer every other day. I would do four in your tank.

You have been so helpful!! I'm gonna go for 6 tetras 5 peppered corys and 2 anamos!! Thanks so very much for your awesome advice!!

ForumRunner_20120705_195943.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_195951.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_200011.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_200101.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_200131.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_200101.jpg

Ok, 6 corys and 4 mystery snails, along with some java moss, still adding, still looks empty. I'm thinking more plants first- suggestions guys?

Back
Top Bottom