Green algae all over glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leslieb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could someone please tell me what to do I have green algae all over my glass.

Most likely a phospate problem. Just check your params. If i were u i would get a algae cleaner and get rid of it, i recommend mag-float, i get algae in my reef everday and just scrape it off.

I have one but my problem is it is on back glass an I can't get down behind my rock. Any suggestions on that.

I always leave my back alone. Some algae is beneficial. I think of it as mother earths canvas. She can do whatever she wants with it. Gives it a more natural look. Unless you have nusiance algae. I have kent pro marine scraper. Its a two foot stick. I can reach my back very easily.

If its behind your rock i wouldnt worry about it. Algae need light so im sure your rock is blocking most of the light. The best way is to avoid algae in the first place by keeping ur phosphates low. I just bought api phoszorb to absorb the phosphates. In a few days i should be able to see if it works or not. I cut down my feeding times as well and top off with unmixed rodi water

Back
Top Bottom