Green brittle star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a baby green brittle and I think he may have killed a new addition of a cleaner wrasse. The wrasse was swimming, eating prepared food and no one bothered him the first day in the tank (Monday). He went to sleep I assume, but I haven't seen him since. Do you think the green brittle caught him and ate him? I know they can be aggressive. Or my Caribbean spiny lobster????? He doesn't bother anything though. Should I take the star and put it in my fuge to keep it clean? I have no filter socks do he would get some food down there.

I've never heard of Brittle stars attacking healthy fish. I've got lots of brittles and I have a Manderin that rests on the substrate during lights out. No problems. If he died, well, it would b consumed quickly in my tanks. But who knows? I was told repeatedly that cleaner shrimp don't eat healthy snails. Yet it wasn't until I got rid of my Cleaners that my snail population stabilized. The only snails that were safe were my nassarius

All brittles except greens are reef safe. And I got a green lol. If hungry, they're predatory. Hell have fun cleaning the sump.

Didn't know that. Course there's a lot I still need to learn. Thanks for this info

Back
Top Bottom