Green hair algae!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know of the easiest way to get rid of green hair algae. My tank has a lot of it. I slacked on water changes big time, it also looks like some form of caulpera growing too. I appreciate any suggestions!

Feed every other day,Increase PWC`s and check top off and PWC water to see if your putting excessive nutrients in water.

What he said. :) plus, remove some manually. It will eventually die off.

The caulerpa you can let grow if you want ot just pull it out with your hands.

Describe your tank a lot more. Size. Lighting schedule. Inhabitants, filtration, feeding (what, how much) etc, etc, etc. New tank?

Help us out and put something in your "My Info" tab. There could be a few culprits IMO, but we haven't much to work with

usually all i do is a 50% water change after trying to remove as much as i can manually. Usually alkalinity needs to be boosted as well.

that usually does away with anyhting unwanted after that, even cyano.

50% pwc will be a good start but If we dont find the source of your excessive nutrients then it will be in the same boat it is now. I highly recommend that link Mrs Hara gave you.

Depending on whats in your tank after you have done the above suggestions of water changes/manual removal etc... I would use inverts. Hermits are always a good bet but my favorite are Lettuce Nudibranchs. They clean house!

Back
Top Bottom