green jelly thing in my live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellane1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, last week i purchased two large pieces of live rock and in it, i have dicovered an organism i have never seen before.
Unfortunately i do not own a digital camera so i will try to explain it the best i can, If anyone is able to identify it and maybe give me a link on it so i can read up on it, i would appreciate it very much..
When i first saw it it was approx 3" long and has a clear green jellyish appearance with hundreds of florescent green dots on it, it is in the middle of my live rock and then after a couple of days it has produced two funnels that have come out of the rock, the funnels are approx 1/2" long.
Both rocks have this organism and there is a funnel right up the top of the rock in a crevice that i would think is attatched to the main body, so it could be quite big and i just can't see it..
If anyone knows what this is, can you tell me how they feed, do i need to feed them and are they ok for my tank..
Thank you all
kell

Not too sure what this could be. But I am sure someone will know.

Moved to I.D. forum for better exposure

Back
Top Bottom