Green spotted puffer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightryder1405

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a green spotted puffer last night cuz i fig u cant beat 8 bucks for a fish but i wasnt really thinking.. i kno he will eat my snails and my emerald crab, but will he bother my cleaner shrimp? Does anyone have any insight to these guys? Thanks

Yes your GSP will try to eat any crustaceans at some point. What salinity level is your water? And how did you acclimate the puff?

We had one that died - weird story.
They are AMAZING!
They are very observant: if you add a new item, they will be thoroughly inspecting it in moments.
They react to you VERY much, even when tiny.
They get dark when stressed - nice alert for their owner.
Mine darkened when he was hungry!
It is VERY easy to overfeed them. You want his tummy to get just a little round.
They learn to hand feed in a day.
They need a LOT of water compared to some fish, and are incredibly territorial (increasing with age).
They are very messy so frequent water changes are important to their stress levels.
They go from freshwater fish to brackish to saltwater.
I will send you an awesome site for research.

As of right now its at 1.022 but i plan on raising it to 1.024 when i do my water change in a couple wks..i floated him for 30 min and every 5-10 i added a small glass full of water from the tank till the bag was full.

Mine eats shrimp. But what weird is I put in a star, hermit,and turbos and he dose not bother them along with my damsel

Back
Top Bottom