Green String Coming from Anus of Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got three new platies yesterday and I realized that one of them had a green string-like thing coming from her vent. It continues to disappear and reappear. I'm not sure if it's a problem or not so I decided to come here and ask. Other than that she seems perfectly normal. She swims fine and is always with the other platies, and is eating fine and everything. What do you think? I will get pictures as soon as it comes back it's gone now but was there two minutes ago.

Here's a picture

perrypic9297

:lol: have you noticed any frayed edges on any of your plants? stems of leaves stripped? just leaving the stems? Your platy is eating his greens, hence the green poop. My molly's have the same thing, my poor amazon sword. I had a molly eat 6 stems of anacharis overnight, now they are working on my hornwort. I may get rid of some of them.

No they're not eating plants but they are gorging themselves on algae. I'm starting to wonder if they'll get fat off it or not lol. So it's just green droppings? Is it normal that it's long and stringlike? And it seems to just keep coming and coming and coming, but then again they are just eating and eating and eating. Is that normal?

I don't have Platys but I would think its the same as with other fish, sometimes the poo is long like that & it takes a while for them to drop it. It doesn't appear to be anything to worry about, IMO.

They are famous for eating algae, plants and trying to eat anything green. They are HUGE pigs!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom