Green stripe mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Where is the best place to put it, I'm running 250w MH and the tanks 30" deep, Also do they like strong current?

How hard are they to care for? My LFS didn't seem to know too much about them and I haven't found too much on the NET.

Found this from another post, hope this answers your ?

The hole would probabley be the shrooms mouth. They are much like an anemone in anatomy similarities. The white strand is most likely a mesenterial filament that they extend when trying to capture prey from the water column. If it is continually closed up it could be irritaed but that does not mean parasites. They do not like excessively strong light or water flow and should not be placed near corals with strong toxins or nematocsyts.

Cheers
Steve

How hard are they to care for?

Beginner coral ;)

My LFS didn't seem to know too much about them and I haven't found too much on the NET.

Search Coralimorphs on www.wetwebmedia.com but there isn't much to know. They are very easy, they don't like real intense light and prefer slower water movement. I have never directly fed a shroom in all the years I've been reefing and they still spread and spread and spread....

Yes! Mushrooms will grow like weeds. They definitely do not like strong currents. I recently moved a powerhead and afterwards one of my mushrooms didn't like the new currents. The result...the mushroom stretched away from the light detaching itself and moving across the tank. The secondary result....2 mushrooms sprouted from where the one had been...like weeds I tell ya.

Sound like a great starter coral, perhaps I'll pick one up.

Thanks for you input.

Back
Top Bottom