Green terror feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbacichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can't get my green terror to eat anything but shrimp pellets. Its the only thing hell eat. I've tried fasting him for a day and giving him other foods like freeze dry blood worms,krill,plankton, etc. I've also tried other pellets and frozen foods he's not interested. I fast once sometimes twice a week. Is there anything else I could do for him? He looks healty so Idk if I sould even worry any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Yea I've tryed. He seems to.be eattinf now but every litle

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fasting a day is good for fish but wont change eating habits. If you are trying to get a fish to try new foods you need to fast for a minimum of 3 days sometimes even up to 5 days. Unless he is an adult then you may have to fast longer.

Varied diets are better but shrimp pellets are good and he will do fine on them.

Thanks he doesn't seem interested in anything he was an aggressive eatter I've had him over a year since he's was about 2" now he's pushing 7-8"

Thanks he doesn't seem interested in anything he was an aggressive eatter I've had him over a year since he's was about 2" now he's pushing 7-8"

A 7-8" green terror should be able to go without eating for a week easily. I would find a good quality 2mm pellet like NLS or Omega 1 and try dropping him 1. If he doesn't eat it, wait 2 more days and try it again. Do that for about a week and if he still hasn't eaten any then drop him some of the shrimp pellets so he can get some food. Then go back to the other pellets the next day and continue to try feeding those every couple days until he takes them. Eventually he'll give in and you should be able to give him even more variety of food. That's what i did with my jaguar cichlid a few times and now he eats anything

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A 7-8" green terror should be able to go without eating for a week easily. I would find a good quality 2mm pellet like NLS or Omega 1 and try dropping him 1. If he doesn't eat it, wait 2 more days and try it again. Do that for about a week and if he still hasn't eaten any then drop him some of the shrimp pellets so he can get some food. Then go back to the other pellets the next day and continue to try feeding those every couple days until he takes them. Eventually he'll give in and you should be able to give him even more variety of food. That's what i did with my jaguar cichlid a few times and now he eats anything

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks I'll try that

Back
Top Bottom