Greetings from Greece!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings from Greece!!
I am new to this forum and consider myself a newbie at this hobby. I had a 60 lt aquarium back in 1997 for two years. Then i left for university and my aquarium didn't have the attention that required from my parents so....

On February i made a return to the hobby. A new beginning with my 4 years old son. We bought a gold fish in a really small aquarium.

Then I started feeling awful for the gold fish and I bought a second hand aquarium 110 lt, with internal filter and on board led light.

After few months around April, we visit a petshop with my wife and son we met (learned) the guppies ;) ....... We bought 6 female and 2 males.

We returned the gold fish at the petshop.

Now we have 16 guppy, 4 corydoras Panda, 1 oto, 3 snails zebra and 4 shrimps.

And few easy plants.

Before a week i change the led light. I bought a fluval plant because the plants didnt have the required light. Now i am adopting the lights 10% every two weeks till 40 to 50% (after a small research, i think is enough light for my plants, lt etc.

Attachments

• 20240602_071138.jpg
    20240602_071138.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the site. :flowers:

Sounds like you are going to be heavy with Guppies sooner than you think. ;) You might want to contact your neighborhood fish store to see about trading them some of your younger Guppies ( once they have colored up) for some store credit or some cash. If you let them continually breed " willy nilly", eventually you will have poor quality blood lines making poor sickly fish.

Once again, welcome. :)

Back
Top Bottom