Growing anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an arrowhead anubias that is unable to retain new leaves. I got it awhile ago and has since grown a strong root system but every time it tries to grow a new leaf it just melts got any ideas?
I'll try to get a pick.

What is your pH?

Are the plant roots planted, is the stem of the plant under ground?

Are you using any Ferts?

What is the light you are using for it?

Gravel substrate rhizome is just above the surface. Occasionally
I use osmocote pills or liquid fert but it's rare. I recently got a new light solarmax he

That all sounds pretty good. Was this happening before you got the new light?

How far away is the plant to the light - maybe too bright?

I was told that pH should be on the higher side for them to do well.

Yes it's been going on basically since I got it. I think the tank is 18 in tall. And my tank is full of anubias thriving just this Arrowhead is having an issue

I was told by Dustin of Dustin's tanks when he spoke at our club, that A. Hastifolia specifically prefers higher pH. I couldn't keep it growing and had similar issue, failure to thrive though other A. were doing well, especially A. Nana and Petite doing great, A. Hastifolia or the one with arrowhead type pointed leaf just wouldn't grow for me.

As a side note: My pH is usually around 6.5-7.2 varies during the year as our town water source will change from lake to reservoir. 0 kH ~5 drops GH

Back
Top Bottom