Guilty about Goldfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quinn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't want to kill my goldfish, but I don't have a want or need for them. I want some different fish in the tank, but don't want to feel guilty about getting rid of the fish.

If you don't want them, re-homing them sounds like your only option. Unless you get another tank for your other fish (or goldfish since they need larger tanks). If you know of anyone that has a want for them and a proper home or a pond (depending on the goldfish) then bring them there or to your lfs.

What kind of fish are you looking into? What size is your tank?

I'm looking at getting some various tetras, and a couple other of species. There are 4 small goldfish in a 20 gallon, wich I know is way overstocked, but I have then filter turning it over 20 times an hour. I want to keep the tank but not the fish...

Also, do I just walk into the Lfs with the fish in a bag and ask for credit or it?

The LFS's can only take goldfish as donations (or so I've been told in my area) I'd call ahead to ask them if they would be willing to take them.

You could also ask around and see if anyone you know has a pond or any interest in them, or post them on Craigslist to see if anyone in your area is interested in them.

What type of goldfish? if they are single tail types, just find someone with a pond and rehome them so they are happy. Check Craigslist and your local pond stores for help. A lfs may or may not take them but they are destined for a very unhappy life if you decide on this route. You will likely not receive any type of credit either unless you have some sort of exotic goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom