Guppies keep randomly dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaydizzle707

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20gal cycled tank with levels @ 0ppm ammonia,, 0ppm nitrite and 10pm nitrate so my tank should be cycled at this point. I just noticed it last night being super lethargic @ the top of the tank and this morning its dead attached to my filter and this has happened in the past before but I had a 10gal. I just recently upgraded and I only have 3 Neon Tetras and now 2 Guppies so its not like my tank is overcrowded.

How long have you had the fish? In my experience guppy seem to be one of the fish where high yields have given way to weaker fish overall. So if it was a newer fish it may have already been weak or sick. I'm no expert but it seems to me that this problem is unfortunately common.

I've had the guppies for two days and the lfs that I got it from (a mom & pop store) they looked fine and healty. My tank is cycled so idk what the deal is.

I would agree, sometimes it just happens. Do they have a warranty? You may be able to at least get some replacements. Don't get discouraged. This doesn't sound likes its your fault.

Idk im gonna call them, i'm just bummed I just got over ich in my tank and now another fishy dies and no its not ich related (trust me) that **** is looong dead

Yeah, I agree that bad stock is likely in this case. Like the others said, it happens. I have definitely had this happen with livebearers before. But, usually if fish drop dead after 2 days in a cycled tank, the answer is bad stock. They probably came to you with an issue.

Back
Top Bottom