Guppy at top of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dxbeast8508

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a male guppy about two days ago and I was wondering it it was normal for him to stay at the top near the surface of the water. My tank has been cycled and my water parameters look good. I drip acclimated him in and he isn't gulping for air; no rapid breathing. He looks perfectly healthy except just staying at the surface of the water. 10 gallon tank, everything is fine water wise. Any thoughts, this is my first time keeping guppies, so I was curious if this was normal.

Have you tried feeding them. Every time my fishes get hungry they usually roam near the surface. After that they stay at the bottom or middle

Aquavic said:
Have you tried feeding them. Every time my fishes get hungry they usually roam near the surface. After that they stay at the bottom or middle

Yeah, I have fed him every day. He doesn't move from the surface even after he eats. Lol.

Since all your levels are good and the fact that you feed them well indicate that he just likes the surface. Haha make sure that it isn't anything else as I could be wrong

Aquavic said:
Since all your levels are good and the fact that you feed them well indicate that he just likes the surface. Haha make sure that it isn't anything else as I could be wrong

Maybe he just likes to be at the top. I was just curious if anyone else's guppies did this. Oh well. He is doing okay, so I guess he is okay. Thanks!

i have two male guppies in my 29 gallon and they just follow eachother around all day at the surface, i think that's just how they are!

My guppies stayed at the top for like 3 days until they were completely comfortable. (it's. 75g tank). Now they are all over the place! No worries man.

Back
Top Bottom