Guppy fries tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vi_ha1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just notice some of my guppies fry's tail is clamped together, in sure it's not a good sign and I don't know how to help them. I test my water and they are fine. So Wat do I need to do to get them better I really don't want to lose my fries

image-775203949.jpg

Well a bit more information might be helpful to us helping you. What size tank? What is your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate numbers exactly? How old is the tank? How often do you do water changes and how much?

If they are clamped all the time it may be a sign of stress or the beginning of illness. The pictures don't show anything really outstanding as far as illness goes. The answers to the above questions might offer us some assistance in helping you.

It's a 10 gal tank for fries, I got it set up about 4 months ago and I do a weekly 50% water change . As far as my ammonia and nitrates lvl it's under 0.25 the water trn yellow when I tested it out with is a good color

Nitrates should read something in a cycled tank, Ammonia and nitrite should not. I'd keep an eye on them and see if it is a constant thing or if it is just occasionally. Also watch for any fast breathing. You can always do an extra water change, it can never hurt.

Is there any medication that would help

Back
Top Bottom