Guppy is having babies now!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had baby mollies today! Only about 10 this was mommies first set she is only 4 months old herself! She was born in my tank too!

I never used a breeder net and had much success. I kept a lot of fake floating plants for the babies to hide in as well as some good hiding places around the gravel. I got to many and the tank got over stocked before I knew it. I was giving them away but not at a fast enough pace an ammonia spike killed all of them. When u have tons of babies and are typically over feeding it becomes an issue. Best of luck! Congrats

All my babies go in a separate tank now - occasionally some get delivered in the main tank but I leave them and let nature take it's course :-/

My girls have been happy delivering in breeder nets/floating containers anything really they aren't fussy lol

I never used a breeder net and had much success. I kept a lot of fake floating plants for the babies to hide in as well as some good hiding places around the gravel. I got to many and the tank got over stocked before I knew it. I was giving them away but not at a fast enough pace an ammonia spike killed all of them. When u have tons of babies and artypically over feeding it becomes an issue. Best of luck! Congrats

I separate my babies from adults. They have no gravel in their tank so I can see when it gets bad. She will be having more in a couple of weeks. After this set I don't know what to do win any more babies. They grow fast!

And another one is having babies now... I think after this lot they can deliver in the tank or I'm going to have a guppy overload.. Lol

I just stated I don't know what to do after this set (she will deliver again in 2 weeks). I too will let nature take its course I can't buy more tanks.

Mine is the same, they are all in a bare tank with a sponge filter and that's it. Occasionally my little boy will convince me to put a shipwreck ornament in there but I don't like it because I can't see them properly.

This female had 26 babies, 25 survived because I accidentally squashed one when I was getting it out... Oooops!!! She is now in my 'recovery ward' and I'm off to bed!

All the girls I wanted babies from have now delivered, so from now (until I feel bad again for the little ones) it can be battle of the fittest.

Unless you want your numbers of fry for selling, keeping the fry in the tag with the parents will give you superior stock. As you say "survival of the fittest" as in "may the best genes win". Just out of curiosity, what colors strain of guppies do you have?
Congrats and good luck, OS.

I have a black tail female
One that nearly looks like the sun is setting on her tail
One beautiful blue girl
One orange and black
And a few that just have common markings - some have not got colour yet so will see what happens :)

I like to select the different patterns and colour shades I don't often see. So many different ones out there!!

You should get some interesting color combinations as the fry growing color up. That's the fun part. Some of my males would turn out beautiful and then some would be just so so. I guess my all-time favorite is just a regular tequila sunrise version.
Congrats on all the babies. You are a true guppy meister. OS.

You should get some interesting color combinations as the fry growing color up. That's the fun part. Some of my males would turn out beautiful and then some would be just so so. I guess my all-time favorite is just a regular tequila sunrise version.
Congrats on all the babies. You are a true guppy meister. OS.

Love the sunrise ones :) they are gorgeous :) thanks old scales!!

I think everyone who has been keeping fish a long time can remember that one tank that was there best all time favorite. Mine was a 20 long set up with just some fine leaf Ambulia and mixed guppies. Nothing fancy or high tech. It was the most fun, carefree tank I ever had. I had it set up like that for 4 years. I can't even count how many babies grew up in that tank. I helped keep a local pet shop buddy of mine stocked in guppies. Someday soon I want to do another just like it. Maybe all N class Endlers this time. OS.

I just gave away all my endlers to a friend just heading down the fancy guppy path now - just saw your bike in the other thread OS, very cool!!!! I spend more time looking at my guppies than my cichlids. Probably should be the other way around but I really love my guppies and so do my little boys, my 2 year old loves feeding time and letting them 'kiss' his fingers goodnight :)

Back
Top Bottom