Guppy troubles looking for help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glow light tetra

Aquarium Advice Activist
My current set up contains 2 guppies, 3 glow lights and some cherry shrimp. I have lost 2 guppies over the past few days to a mysterious illness. the fish showed no signs, until a few hours before there deaths. I wish to save the others, but have no idea what could kill fish this fast. The fish showed signs of heavy breathing, bloat,red spots, and there eyes turned a reddish color.

Would really appreciate some help.

Tank parameters

Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0
Temp 76degrees
Ph 7.2
Filtration whisper 10
Food respashy community food

Very odd.

Is it possible that these fish are new to this tank? How old is the whole set-up and why are your nitrates non-exhistant? Normally I see at least 0.5 or something.

sorry about your guppies. I had very similar problems with a female last week: very bloated, red spot behind left fin, became semi-comotose quickly, laying on bottom, labored breathing, then dead in 2 hours. I had her for 5 mths. Other fish are fine so far . . . knock on wood.

I thought maybe feeding tubifex worms the night before caused overeating or too much protein, but just grasping at straws here.

Someone else posted today about a bloated guppy that died quickly. Weird

The fish in question have been in this tank for 3 months and, The tank itself is only about 5 months old. I posted a pic of my set up. I did a water change, today hopefully that helps.

Back
Top Bottom