Guppy with minor bloating; help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my male guppies has a slightly swollen belly. It's most prominent on th e bottom a little behind his head. He kinda looks like he's pregnant. No pinecone scales, he just sits in one place. He seemed active at feeding though. I'm concerned, HELP! :fish1: I just got over velvet in my tank, just fyi

He is hiding behind the heater. I think I'm going to put him in the hospital tank.

Do you feed alot of brine shrimp? Adult male guppies can get a "beer belly" from being fed brine shrimp when they get fully mature. its very fattening and used for fry and juviniele guppies, maybe prego females but don't overdo it with the males, only an occasional treat.
Nothing to be concerned about, So far as i can tell.

Do you feed alot of brine shrimp? Adult male guppies can get a "beer belly" from being fed brine shrimp when they get fully mature. its very fattening and used for fry and juviniele guppies, maybe prego females but don't overdo it with the males, only an occasional treat.
Nothing to be concerned about, So far as i can tell.

No brine shrimp. I came home to a dead fish...or so I thought. He spazzes out then floats back down to the ground upside down. I'm going to euthanize him.:(

Something internal, like hexitima, its been going around alot lately. Had the same problem with my guppies recently, and i been in the hobby for 6 years now and know them inside and out, don't sweat it. If there were no visibile outward symptoms, it has to be something internal, and the treatment of choice is either Metronidazole or Clout. (incase it starts happening to all your guppies)

Back
Top Bottom