Hagen Fluval 304

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chantal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I can get Hagen Fluval 304 for $40 (Which is quite a steal compared to a new cannister - or so my googling says). I currently have a Tetra FS 30-60 HOB (one side filled with carbon insert other side with bio-media).

Has anyone/does anyone use this filter? The tank I'd be putting it into would be only 30gal but the price is right (as far as I can tell).

Any advice - good idea, bad idea? How noisy is it? I've read that replacing the media can be pricey - but welcome the hobby of fishkeeping :lol:

I have one, haven't used it since I upgraded a 55 to a 75. The weak point is the impeller cover, the little "ears" that lock it in place break relatively frequently. Media is optional, you can use pot scrubbers for biomedia and polyester "floss" for mechanical filtration, both are dirt cheap.
Personally I prefer the Eheim canisters, they simply hold up better over the long haul. Most of my tanks use aquaclear hob's, I'd use a 70 on a 30 gallon tank.

IMO it's one of the best canisters out there. For $40 I would definitely get it. It is mire then enough to handle that tank and it offers many 6 baskets for different media of your choice.

Back
Top Bottom