Hagen Plant Grow CO2 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a fancy DIY. It will only work on smaller tanks. You would need to add bottles to it for it to be effective on anything bigger than a ten gallon.

I used 2 of them on a 29g, but never got the Co2 high enough. I then switched to a pair of 2 liter soda bottles which gave plenty of Co2, but not consistent enough for my tastes. Then I just gave in and went with pressurized and a pH controller. :)

I use this system on my 5 gallon tanks ( a separate system on each tank). Instead of the ladder, I put the tubing onto a limewood airstone. I use wine yeast and baking soda in place of the activator and stabilizer. It works great in the 5 gallon tanks. I think the literature that came with the product said it works in up to a 20 gallon tank. I tried two systems on a 10 gallon tank and couldn't get them to work very well.

I add about a half a ml of the included plant fertilizer to my watering bottle (1 gallon) when I water my houseplants.

Back
Top Bottom