Haha!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saffikeagan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just realized that I probably have two different species of Otos in my work tank! LOL! I was completely clueless and thought that there was only one Oto. I didn't realize that there's the Dwarf Oto, the Dwarf Sucker, and the Dwarf Suckermouth. I really should have done more research. :-?

I have three Otos, right. Two I got at one time, then I got the third a week later to replace the third original that died. Well, one of them has always been a nice dark color, really healthy looking etc. The other two seem washed out: faded. I didn't know what to make of this until I went into work one day and saw all three before they saw me. They were all nicely colored. However, as soon as I started moving about the two faded out again. Also the two that fade out always hang together on the substrate, and the other is always sucking away on this or that (plant, filter, etc).

Gee it all makes sense now. I'm going to have to figure out which is which. They are all horizontally stripped so they have to be either the Dwarfs or the Suckermouths.

HAHAHA!!!

I wonder if it wouldn't be better for the fish stress levels then to return the two that seem to always be stressing and get two more of the type that doesn't seem bothered by anything. Of course, returning an Oto to an LFS can be a death sentence in itself. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom