Happy plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thought you guys might enjoy. I think my anubisis going to flower, but ill post progress pictures anyway. I noticed this shoot about an hour ago....
(The shoot)
image-285009534.jpg

(The plant)
image-3014660947.jpg

(Noticed a new plant growing off the back of the monthernplant, i guess its happy!)
image-502913577.jpg

And my swordplant has sent off a runner with some nice leaves coming off of it.

image-714075289.jpg

Very cool, that is a sign of good parameters :) my anubias has been doing awesome, and I too noticed a shoot like that about 2-3 weeks ago and it just now is poking a little white thing out...i don't know what it is! Will want to follow an see how yours turns out :D

Thanks guys ^_^

Here is how i found them this morning
The bud is just barely starting to unwrap
image-250403432.jpg

And the runner from the sword is getting too long lol

image-1305463152.jpg

Thought you guys might enjoy. I think my anubisis going to flower, but ill post progress pictures anyway. I noticed this shoot about an hour ago....
(The shoot)

(The plant)

(Noticed a new plant growing off the back of the monthernplant, i guess its happy!)

And my swordplant has sent off a runner with some nice leaves coming off of it.

Mine has the same every morning I wake up and turn the lights on its partially closed then when I get back from work it's fully open showing off its yellow/white thing. What is this and what does it mean???

Joey, that is probably just the flower...haha I mean just like flowers outside, they are closed at night and open in the day time, using the sun as their clock so when you turn on your lights the plant sees that it is time to open up so then it opens, and when you get back from work it is still open since you have not turned off the lights I assume. Just my guess.

Joey, that is probably just the flower...haha I mean just like flowers outside, they are closed at night and open in the day time, using the sun as their clock so when you turn on your lights the plant sees that it is time to open up so then it opens, and when you get back from work it is still open since you have not turned off the lights I assume. Just my guess.

Hahha okay I worded that completely wrong! I understand the opening and closing through day and night what I meant by what does this mean is... The flowering what does it actually do what does the plant acheive from this???

Looks nice, anubias grow along the rhizome so you can cut it as needed if you ever want to propagate it. The spathe is like a flower but it doesn't do anything underwater.

I think i will propagate it, the rhizome is really long but only two thirds of it has leaves.

Looking good what type of ferts do you use.

I don't dose any liquid ferts, but i do put root tabs in ever few months right under the rhizomes

Hahha okay I worded that completely wrong! I understand the opening and closing through day and night what I meant by what does this mean is... The flowering what does it actually do what does the plant acheive from this???

Oh psh, I took that the wrong way LOL. The plant will flower when it is "Happy" as the OP stated. Whenever anubias like the water parameters and are healthy, they will flower like this. So it's a good thing. Doesn't do anything for the plant except make it looks pretty :)

I think i will propagate it, the rhizome is really long but only two thirds of it has leaves.

I don't dose any liquid ferts, but i do put root tabs in ever few months right under the rhizomes

Wow lucky I wish I could get away with that. I have to dose ferts like crazy and still have deficiencies that make my planted tank look awful.

I dont know how much ligjt is required for it too bloom but this morning before lights on it was still open, and when the lights came on this is what i found

The covering has turned yellowish white and the center piece is taller....

image-747394090.jpg

Lucky, mine isn't doing anything and has been sitting there with a little white thing poking out for like 2 weeks! I know anubias flowers are yellowish-white, so I guess it is doing good

Ohh i hope mine stays like this for that long! That would call for me to break out the big guns and ask my mom for her camera!

Hahaha, yeah. I just split one of my anubias into like 5 different plants lol hopefully they will grow pretty good. Mine was making those new little plants along the rhizome like yours so I thought I would slit it up.

Back
Top Bottom