hardy shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which shrimp do you think is more hardy??

• Caridina sp. (Crystal Red)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palaemonetes paludosus. (American glass shrimp)

• Palaemonetes sp. (Amazon glass shrimp)

• Total voters

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am just interested in the shrimp that easier adapts to a FW aquarium in various conditions.

Ii hope I didn't mess up with the scientific names..!

What about a Atyopsis Moluccensis? The two i have seem to be thriving ok in my community tank. One has molted already :) Also they are a bit on the bigger size. I had a issue with my beacon tetras and my rainbows eating/killing RCS and other smaller shrimp. The fish ignore these shrimp, im sure since they fall in to the "can't fit in my mouth" category :)

-Pleco

kostasonia said:
whhich is the common name of this shrimp? I could add it..

Many common names, Marble Shrimp, Bamboo Shrimp, Asian Filter Shrimp, Singapore Flower Shrimp. Take your pick :D

PetsMart sells them for $11.99 and Petco sells them for $6.99 around here.

-Pleco

My 2 bamboo shrimp live with 5 (2-5") goldfish. Now that has got to be worth something.

I have two bamboo and they do very, very well. We were all afraid the pictus would eat them, but he didn't bother them at all.

They molt about once a month.

Unfortunately I can not add now more options in the poll..But it seems that amano, bamboo and red cherry are ok. Glass not..

I have a singapore flower shrimp! I just got him, he s pretty cool, but scurried away asap to the nearest cambomba plant lol...good filter feeder though

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110502_191059.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110502_191059.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom