Harlequin rasboras hide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm pretty sure I know stats up, but confirmation is nice.

Tank footprint 72"x24", a 75 gallon that's filled about half to 2/3. Has 9 harlequin rasboras and 4 young pearl gourami. The rasboras were doing the usual rasbora thing and were all over the place, but the last two days they've been congregated in one front corner near a column and haven't moved much.

One of the pearls is being a bit of a jerk to the others. I may have to return it to the fish store. I haven't seen any sign they're screwing with the rasboras, but could they be without it being as noticeable as nipping or chasing?

Picture to bypass the question of why is only partially filled.

Attachments

• 20200429_214959.jpg
    20200429_214959.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 50
Possibly, but they're young so not certain. I'm thinking of pulling the land out so I can fill it and plant more heavily... more room and more plants mean more territories. See if that helps.

Wow! Very nice! Were you planning on adding some sort of amphibian to the community?

No. I thought about it, but I didn't find anything that I liked that would work with the space I have. I mostly wanted to get some terrestrial plants going, and I'm horrible at terrestrial plants mostly. There are two waterfalls that drip into a couple planter boxes I made. If I do decide to pull it out of the tank and set it on top, I'll figure a way for water to wick up from the tank to the plants so I don't have to worry about forgetting to water ?

Back
Top Bottom