Harlequin Rasbras turning up dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aremihc

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 3 weeks ago I put 7 Harlequin Rasboras (Hets) into a 10 gallon tank that had been established for about 4 months and had a 2 year old Pleco living in it. Recently I've noticed a green water outbreak, and now my Hets are dieing. I had one dead 2 days ago, and another today. I've been checking water, and parameters are not bad. Nitrates a little high, but doing water changes for that. Could a nitrate spike to 50 be bad enough to do this? The remaining Hets, and even the ones who died have shown no lethargy, have been eating, have a red tinge and bright black markings.

Here are parameters this morning.

pH 6.5
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 30-50
Alkalinity 0
Hardness 7.5

That's tough. I had the same thing happen to me though mine lasted for a few years...then they just started dying...one by one.

Were they acting normal up to that point? Eating well? I doubt a nitrate spike could have killed them. Has your temp changed at all or does it fluctuate much between night and day?

That's tough. I had the same thing happen to me though mine lasted for a few years...then they just started dying...one by one.

Were they acting normal up to that point? Eating well? I doubt a nitrate spike could have killed them. Has your temp changed at all or does it fluctuate much between night and day?

North facing room, not much fluctuation as far as I know. I have neone right by the window and they're doing fine. Yeah, normal behavior before dieing, and no deaths since, so I'm hoping. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom