Harlequin Tuskfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Need some advise before buying one of these guys. I am getting mixed advise is this fish reef safe or not? "Harlequin Tuskfish"

Thanks in advance

Mary

Not reef safe. Eats Shrimp and crabs and snails. So not good.

Will eat smaller shrimps, crabs, snails, and even fish if they fit in its mouth. It is fine with corals, but unless you have a reef with no cleanup crew it is out of the question, will even eat cleaner shrimp. Nice fish though ;)

--On my short list for favorite fish, I have had one. I had it for a couple years. I can't remember the details, but I know there are vriations of the fish based on where you get them.....something about purple or coloration or something. Anyway, I think there was a specific HT that should be avoided because they were most likely collected with cyanide--not sure if it was the Phillipine variety?

But yeah, they will wipe out shrimp, crabs, and snails. I would definitly do one in a larger reef tank. Great centerpiece fish IMHO.

Thanks guys I tried answering on my blackberry but it would not let me post in the forum kept giving me error messages.... So I guess I want be adding a Harlequin tusk to my tank. Don't want him eating my corals and shrimp because I finally found the Peppermint shrimps that cleared out my Aiptasias "FINALLY". YEAH....

Yea, there are two different peppermints that look very similar, but only one of them eats aiptasia.

Back
Top Bottom